I am so honored to be nominated for this award. It always amazes me that there are readers who enjoy my little contributions to world of SimLit. I want to thank the wonderful and talented Mastressalita for nominating this blog for this award. She has two excellent stories, as well as some short stories, that are must reads. her Cat Chronicles is a darling story told in the POV of a feisty cat who was adopted by a recent widow. Her Yandere Diaries spins a web of mystery, murder, and everything i between. These stories and more can be found here on her blog.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
It's an award to bloggers from other bloggers. It's a beautiful and wonderful way of sharing what they do and rewarding them for inspiring others to do and write about what they love.
1. Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers and add their links.
4. Notify the bloggers you included.
5. Keep the rules in your post.
1. What is the first Sims game you played?
Sims 3. I was a latecomer to the whole Sims franchise and didn't start playing until right after Pets was released. I started watching some YouTube videos on how to play and ended up ordering the game plus all the current packs. As I waited not-so-patiently for everything to arrive from Amazon, I watched more videos and did a lot of reading about how the game worked. I was in Heaven when I finally got everything installed and started to play.
2. Favorite expansion/stuff pack/game pack?
Definitely Supernatural. I've always been into fantasy stories, so to be able to play with witches, fairies, werewolves, vampires, and so on was the cat's meow. I also really like Showtime (I'm a singer so it's cool to be able to live out my unrealized dreams of fame with my Sims) and Seasons since the weather really adds a lot to gameplay.
3. What is your favorite book or author?
I'm a HUGE Stephen King fan. I loved Pet Sematary (creeped me the hell out!), Cujo (made me cry BUCKETS), and 11-22-63 (it was interesting to see King's take on what might have happened if John F. Kennedy had been saved from assasination). I really loved The Green Mile with John Coffey being y favorite character. I do enjoy Nora Roberts and love how she incorporates elements of fantasy in many of her stories. Plus, I'm a huge Harry Potter junkie and have to read the series again about once a year. :)
4. What is your favorite fictional genre?
Romance and/or fantasy, or a mix of both. I also love thrillers and mysteries.
5. Is there a song that always brings you to tears?
On yes! "Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton gets me every time. I also can't sing "D-I-V-O-R-C-E" by Tammy Wynette or "He Stopped Loving Her Today" by George Jones (hehe, yeah, old country songs) without losing it. If you haven't tried singing and crying at the same time, you will discover that it's damned near impossible to do. :)
6. What is your favorite vacation destination?
Australia and New Zealand, of course. :) The hubs and I went there on our honeymoon and OMG, it was the best time ever!
7. Pick your poison (what is your drink of choice?)
At home, I generally go for a Miller Lite and will drink it when I'm out sometimes. I also like a nice chardonnay and sometimes a Merlot although red wine sometimes gives me a headache. :( If I want a cocktail, I like Jameson's on the rocks or sometimes Jack Daniels. For a non-alcoholic drink, it's coffee all the way.
8. Let’s play kiss, marry, kill, only with your Sims! (That is, of your Sims, which one would you most like to kiss, which one would you most like to marry, and which one would you most like to kill?)
Great question! Of my Sims, I'd love to kiss Silvan McBeth. He's a fairy prince whose been around for centuries and with his red wings that symbolize passion, he would certainly know how to please a lady. :D I'd marry Tyrone Landgraab. He treats Lenora like a queen, and it would be a great honor, IMO, to have a wolf Indent/Imprint on me and to know that it's me who is his gravity. He's also a wonderful father to his children, which speaks volumes to me. To kill, definitely Shane Clayton. He's just pure evil and what he did to Lenora, Crystal, and Debbie is unforgivable.
9. What are five hobbies you enjoy?
Well, other than playing Sims, reading, or writing stories, they would be coloring, fountain pens, journal keeping, knnitting and crocheting, and scrapbooking. I also have to include music in there since it's what I do (private music instructor and semi-professional singer) but goes beyond a hobby, really.
10. What is your favorite fictional creature?
Oooo, that's a toss-up. As a kid, I collected unicorns and still love them. They'll always have a speciall place in my heart. However, being a singer, I love mermaids/Sirens and love incorporating them into my writing when applicable. Dragons are a favorite, too, as they're beautiful and it would be awesome to soar above the world on the back of one.
11. Against a zombie, what would be your weapon of choice?
If I could defeat a zombie with a magical singing voice, that would be my weapon of choice. Music is a supremely powerful force, after all. :)
This is going to be the most challenging part. By now, pretty much all the bloggers I'm familiar with have already received nominations. There won't be 11 on the list but I'll do my best to come close. As I said, they have already received nominations so please don't feel you need to redo your post on my account.
1. Thymeless Legacies
2. Hemera's Sims Story Corner
3. Subtle Simming
4. A Cornucopia of Stories
5. If It Doesn't Kill Us
6. Blackmoore Legacy
7. Twiggy's Sims Adventures
8. Lisabee's Sims
Questions for my Nominees
Again, please don't feel you have to revise your post to answer them since you all have already been nominated before. But if you REALLY want to, be my guest, or if you're so inclined, feel free to do it in the comments below.
1. What made you start playing Sims?
2. Coffee or tea?
3. Pizza or tacos?
4. Junk food or healthy choice?
5. Do you like where you live or would you relocate if you could?
6. What is your favorite animal?
7. What is your favorite mythological creature?
8. When taking a vacation, do you prefer to drive or fly?
9. If you could go back in time to change something in history, would you? If so, what would it be?
10. When playing your Sims game, do you prefer big families, couples, or single Sims?
11. Cake or pie?